The end goal of Project Wormtail is to produce an affordable and reliable functional prosthetic hand for amputees. Key points include developing a proprietary method to recruit nerve impulses to allow for more natural use of prosthetics, keeping the hardware and software impervious to unwelcome outside influences, such as wear over time, environmental conditions, and "hacking", and using readily-available resources to keep the cost manageable.
Project Stages (running list):
1. Production of pre-programmed movements in a hand model
2. Identification and recording of nerve impulses from arm
3. Ability to control hand model using nerve impulses
4. Improvement upon hand model hardware
5. Ability to produce fine, controlled movements in hand model
6. Extension of hand model to include robust wrist design